No, you’re not alone; many people have a fear of moving. But sooner or later you are going to have to move, so I thought I’d address some of the most common fears about moving and offer some tips to help you reduce your moving stress. Jay’s Moving is a reliable moving company and we can relieve your relocation trepidation!
There are a few specific issues that people worry about when it comes to local or long distance moving, they include:
- Anxiety about getting everything done – it’s true that there is much to be done, so make a plan with a strict timeline, then tackle each job as it comes along. Focus on each task, check them off as you go, and your list (and your stress level) will shrink away to nothing.
- Worry about treasured items getting damaged – if you can’t sleep at night because you keep worrying about your best china getting smashed or the finish on your dining room table being ruined your stress levels will go through the roof. Jay’s has experienced packers who know how to protect your fragile items, and we take great care with padding and wrapping your fine furniture to protect it. Extremely valuable or precious items you may choose to transport in your own vehicle where you can keep an eye on them!
- Fear of fitting into a new community – especially for those with children. A long distance move can be extra stressful because you’ll need to establish all sorts of new connections; doctors, dentists, schools, social and recreation groups. Take the time to visit your new community before you move to familiarize yourself with the area schools, libraries, recreational facilities and other places you will be spending time at after your move. Try to get references to professionals (doctors, dentists etc.) in the new community as well.
- Dreading switching all your services over – and fear that you will forget something critical. It’s an unavoidable task, but one that might be easier than you think, many of these chores can now be accomplished online. Of course you should begin by listing everything that you need changed over, you don’t want to forget essentials like cable or internet service!
- Apprehensive of being swindled – everyone has heard the horror stories about unscrupulous movers who take advantage of their clients in various ways, including holding their belongings hostage for a higher than quoted fee. I have to say that this should be the least of your fears if you hire us to perform your move. At Jay’s Moving, we pride ourselves on our record and reputation.
I hope that this information helps to allay your fear of moving. When you hire a reliable moving company like Jay’s Moving, you don’t need to be afraid!